-->

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cooking Tutorial: Soba/모밀 국수

Hiya all~ C:
Yeah yeah yeah, I know, it's been awhile since i've been back from Korea, but I've been so busy with cello stuff I haven't been able to sit down and spend the time to upload/resize pictures. But.. now I do! I'll have my pictures from korea posted soon (most of the pictures were taken on my sister's dica, and she's at UCI, so I don't have alot of them :/ )! I also have this AMAZING new palette to share with you guys :)) Along with a new baking tutorial! whooo! keep em` comin`~ hahah :D I also have a DIY facial mask comming up, so stay tuned!!

Alright, enough with the chitchat. This is the EASIEST thing to make on a hot day! I know when the weather is unbearably hot outside, you don't really want to spend much time in a hot kitchen. This recipe is for Soba! Soba noodles are made from a type of root/buckwheat, and are not flour noodles. So even after you stuff yourself with it, you won't feel all groggy and gross :) It's healthy!

Here's what you'll need:

-Buckwheat Noodles
-Soba Soy Sauce (you can buy this at any asian stores C;)
-Radish (optional)
-Plain nori/seaweed/김 to garnish (and tastes good~)
-Green Onions

So let's get started!

These are the noodles that I'm using.

Boil a bit of water depending on how much of the noodles you're making. Remember, boiling more is always fine, but being short on water always makes things a hastle! (the opposite for making ramen/라면 X) )

The brand that i'm using actually already divided the serving portions, so I made 2. (since it's me and my mom!)

Now.. whip out those traditional soba dishes! (Of course, this isn't necessary.)

Now, once the noodles are done, prepare a drainer and large bowl.

Drain the noodles, and wash them in icy cold water!

Now.. prepare your dipping sauce! Try going 1/2 of the base and 1/2 of water mixed together. Here is where you would add your radish shavings--(it always tastes better with them, but I ran out!). Add ice if it's not icy cold.

And Serve! Seriously, how easy is this? What a lame post.

This is a perfect way to cool yourself down a really hot day. =) It's quick, and it's yummy!

Update later!
~Jinna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...